Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jan. 13, 2013- Feet on the ground


             Another amazing practice this morning. It did not start off that way though. It started off more like "Do I gotta? I'm so soreeeeee" insert whiney voice. After about the 3rd Sun Salutation A, it went to more of  "OMG, Imma die if I do one more!", however, I kept pushing on. Took a few extra breaths, cleared my mind of that nagging voice of pain, and continued on queue with Kino's commands playing on my DVD. Talk about muscle memory because at this point I wasn't even thinking anymore, more like just flowing through the motions. It wasn't until the last S.S B, that I took downward dog and briefly looked away from the tip of my nose. To my amazement, I saw my heels on the floor. I was so taken back by this, that I lost all control and literally came crashing down on my face. After a few moments of laughing at myself for such a graceful exit to the posture. I was thrilled to note this small change. So like any other woman, I grabbed my cell phone and immediately sent a text to my friend, knowing she would be just as excited. She is the only other person I know personally who practices yoga and often gives me the encouragement when I don't think I can go any further. At this point, between the laughter and noise from me jumping around like a school girl, my kids come rushing in the room to see what was going on. I'm pretty sure they thought of me as a raving lunatic because they just stood there and watched like a pair of deer in head lights.  After settling down, my oldest son asks "what are you doing?" and out of my mouth comes "my feet were on the floor!". Without missing a beat, he replies, "well duh, your standing aren't you?" and walks out the door. My youngest is completely confused by all of this and simply says "I love you" in a concerned voice as he gently pats my back. Even though my kids think I have gone mad, I quickly shoo my youngest out the door and took my dvd back to the start menu. I couldn't help myself, I HAD to do it all over again. After finishing the series and working my hardest, I find myself still all smiles. Today truly gave the term "having my feet on the ground" a new meaning. 

            I wanted to end today with something cute I found online.......
"You know you're a yogi mom,
 when your toddler runs around chanting "Om"
and you find yourself calling out
"Down-dog!"
when you need to wipe
his tushie after he has used the potty."

No comments:

Post a Comment