Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Jan. 8, 2013 - Lesson One


            So I've come to realize that yoga has not only proven to be a physical challenge for me, but it has truly become a humbling experience. While when I first started yoga I thought it was just purely for the physical gain. I entered Ashtanga thinking this would be just a short phase in my endless cycle of failed diet and exercise routines. I'm notorious for starting something and then quickly grow bored with it or can't find the motivation to continue. Ashtanga has not fallen into this "phase". I find myself always thinking about it. I also find myself yearning for my next session on the mat. With my first lesson under my belt I've come to understand how much yoga has to teach me. Even though today I'm still not physically practicing, I am able to reflect on the past. In even in such little time as its been the practice of yoga has thus far taught me strength, endurance, humility, patients, and to believe in myself. Tomorrow I've promised myself a little time on the mat, regardless of my injury. I am grateful for all that has come and all that is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment