Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jan. 22, 2013 - Update

Bare with me, I'm writing via my phone. So I just wanted to post a quick update. Aside from being sick, I have acquired a new injury. I've separated/dislocated my 9th rib at the CC junction (superior cartilage). I'm sad to say it but my practice has been put on hold for the next 6 weeks. Which I fully understand because even breathing is painful, let alone trying to bend. This injury is not related to my practice. In fact it happened at the most ridiculous time. I was shaving my legs!! Lol. Come to find out I have minimal space between my 11th rib and my hip bones. So here I was shaving my legs, bending from the mid section of my torso just to avoid smacking my face on the shower wall. In this position, my ribs compress on my hip bones, the further I bend to shave, the higher the pressure on my ribs until a ever so faint pop, followed by intense pain, and a unfamiliar lump sticking out. There isn't much that can be done at this point, just time to heal and avoid any risk of further injury. As for my big hips, well that's one of the perks of being a mom. Unless they interfere with daily life, I doubt any corrective measure will be taken. Only time will tell. So from now on, I will not be shaving in the shower. It must of been that karmic debt I gained from eating BBQ ribs the night before. Well played karma, well played.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you're injured. Sounds painful. I hope you heal soon.

    But, hey, look on the bright side: I'm sure worse karmic things have happened to people who eat BBQ ribs. Maybe you are repaying your karmic BBQ rib debt all at one go with this injury...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! I hope you are feeling better! My name is Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com :-)

    ReplyDelete